Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Rainy Season - Bike stopping abruptly

Information is wealth...!!! I believe you all agree with that.

But... wrong information is dangerous and damaging. I believe you're still with me.

No body except God, I believe, can predict when it rains in Bengaluru.  Well, with the sudden outpouring of unexpected rains my bike STRANGELY started stopping on the run. Initially I thought that it would have been due to less petrol or some other cause, but, this scenario started showing up more and more day by day. I brought my bike in 2007 and till now I didn't had this issue until recently. Mine is Bajaj Pulsar 150cc.

Everyday mostly my bike used to get wet in the rain and when I start the bike and drive, it used to go hardly 1.5 to 2 kms without any issue and then suddenly it used to stop. In the mid of the traffic or anywhere irrespective of what ever I try it never used to get started for atleast 10 mins. This was irritating me a lot as I was facing lot many issues quite a bit. 

After a couple of months facing this strange problem, I gave the bike for servicing. Once the servicing is done, I felt that the problem is finally gone, but again to my surprise I had the same issue. Now when I took the bike to the same mechanic he told me that it could have been due to the water going on in the plug inside. Then when we finally opened it was dry. Then he generated a statement telling that "when the bike is wet in the Rain water and is having the problem, at that time only if I bring that bike to him (by dragging since it wont be starting) he can see to the issue. This has caused a lot of frustation mixed with great concern for the issue. I tried couple of times by making it wet in the rain and then dragging to him, but unluckily when ever he was testing it used to run smoothly. So, finally unable to bear my complaints he told me that the spark plug has an issue and he changed the spark plug. Then i thought that my happy days have come back once again, but to my unlucky luck, the same issue was still persisting.

I got so fed up that I searched most of the blogs and did all the r&d I could, but to no luck. Then one day with the same issue when I started for office, the bike got stopped 7 times within 1 km distance. Then after some distance it got completely dead. I was so frustated with the bike, but then, luckily (now my luck was indeed favoring me) I found a small mechanic shop nearby the place where my bike was dead. When I went to that shop, it was so small, that I hardly thought that they can fix my bikes problem. 


The moment I told the guy the problem, he instantly opened the petrol tank and showed me a small hole and told me that the whole issue is because the hole is jammed (closed with dust). I couldnt believe what he said. Then he told me that since this was the issue there would be water in the petrol tank mixed with petrol which is causing the whole nonsense. To prove me, he disconnected the petrol wire to the engine and took the petrol in a bottle and to my surprise I could see, very clearly, water fluctuating in the petrol. 


Ah....!!!! Thats it!!!! Got the solution for my unanswered frustating problem which I've been facing from ages.


Then he told me that I need to give the bike for servicing. I instantly without hesitation gave him the bike for servicing and he dropped me to my office. When I came back in the evening, I couldnt believe the way he has done servicing. Count me, I was under wrong impression that small mechanic shops won't be doing good, but he marvelled me on this.


Now, guys, after so many days of servicing, even my bike, getting wet in rain, is running smoothly and with no issues. This is the common problem with most of the Bajaj Pulsar bikes.


Happy Riding...!!!

21 comments:

  1. THANK YOU SO MUCH MR.RAVI KRISHNA...I have the same problem....i got a solution. i also felt the same frustration, but now after reading ur article. i am relaxed....THANKS

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks..... for this...solution....thanks a lot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ravi ,

    Thanks for the information.

    I am facing the same issue , please do let me know hat should i do ??

    ReplyDelete
  4. am too facing same prob.. wat should i do now

    ReplyDelete
  5. i too facing the same problem...thnk uuu))))))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the same problem in my Hero bike...i gave it for service once saying the problem to them,but still the problem persists...now i am going back there to ask them to check for dirt in the petrol tank...can you tell me where the hole is situated?...and is it supposed to be there in the first place inside the tank?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ravi

    I am facing the same issue with my Hero Ambition. I've had its fuel tank cleaned, cluth plate and spark plug changed on service rep insistence. The bike still has the same issue. Can you tell me the location of this bike repair shop?

    Thanks
    Vipul

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great , my firend bike too have the same problem. Will try this solution and let us know

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for writing this blog. I too having same issue even after regular service. I might check for any holes on petrol tank. Can you explain where was that blocked hole located?

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank u for this blog ravi, i m going to check my bike now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for this blog ravi, actually Im facing same problem.

    ReplyDelete
  12. same problem with me. tried by cleaning fuel tank. but didn't work. any other way????????

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear ravi, awesome... It has taken 5 long years to read this blog... I have been having this problem for the last 8 years... Even now, n bike failed me around 11 pm while driving back home tired... Will work on the small hole in the morning...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, my friend. Im from Sri Lanka. Thanks for your golden advice. You mean a hole in fuel tank cap? Pls reply khrkodagoda@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks ravi..i too have the same problem..2005 model pulsar 150cc. i did one year before itself, told this issue to bajaj service, they cleaned the hole and empty the tank and filled with new petrol. but still issue persist for me..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Ravi, could you share the mechanics address please I need to get my bike serviced, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. ...Really it is common and we don't think about it, but I am also struggling with same problem... Let's see what happens, what my fate offers. Any way thanks Ravi krishna for your blog that helps lot of people who are getting God damn unknown frustrating risky problems.

    ReplyDelete